2003 Beef Cattle Short Course Proceedings
To view pdf files, download Adobe Acrobat for free.
"Staying Ahead of the Cattle Cycle"
Download the complete 2003 Beef Cattle Short Course Proceedings (4.7 MB pdf).
- Market Outlook for 2003 and Beyond (1.75MB pdf)
- Evaluating Opportunities to Market Feeder Calves (234KB pdf)
Walter Prevatt and Tom Anton
- Negotiating a Grazing or Feeding Contract (104KB pdf)
- Ranchers Who Have Retained Ownership After Weaning (127KB pdf)
- Do I Have the Cow That is the Most Efficient Producer for My Environment/Management Level?(464KB pdf)
Chad Chase and Sam Coleman
- Cactus Feedyard’s Experience with Feeding Florida Cattle (1.5MB pdf)
- Preparing Florida Calves for the Feedlot: Repairing Our Reputation (117KB pdf)
- Grazing Management: Strategies to Improve Animal Performance and Nutrient Cycling on Pensacola Bahiagrass Pastures (134KB pdf)
R. Lawton Stewart Jr., Jose C.B. Dubeux Jr., and Lynn E. Sollenberger
- How Do We Control Johne's Disease in Florida Herds? (401KB pdf)
D.Owen Rae, Linda Keller, C. Dix Harrell, and Suzan Loerzel
- Should I Purchase Replacement Females? (250KB pdf)
Tom Anton, Walter Prevatt, and Mike Davis
- Economic Options to Increase the Value of Your Ranchlands (151KB pdf)
- Country of Origin Labeling (COOL): Implications of Policy on Cow/Calf Producers (246KB pdf)
John J. VanSickle